Sunday, October 5, 2008

First Day of School



Well, Kaylyn started preschool the other day. She will be going part-time, 2 days a week. However, she loved it so much that Brian and I are thinking of putting her in for one more day a week. She didn't cry when we left her there, but had a huge meltdown when it was time to go home. I think her exact screams were "NO, I DON'T WANT TO GO HOME! I WANT TO GO BACK TO SCHOOL!!" This meltdown lasted all the way down the hallway and into the car and for about another 45 minutes after we got home. Brian and I are sure that the school staff thinks we beat/torture her at home.

Ms. Tamika is her teacher. She said Kaylyn did really well. She said it seemed like Kaylyn had been in school before because she particpated well and knew all her colors, shapes, numbers and letters. I guess we prepared her well. She's a smart cookie. She did have trouble transitioning into naptime. (Imagine that!) Well, I think she's going to love being in school. Now we can have some more quality time with Jack while Kaylyn's away. When she's home, it's always "her turn".

See more recent pics of the kids here.

No comments: